Fußball Europameisterschaft 2008 | Foto: Arne Müseler, Illustration: Wikipedia-User Devil_m25
Fußball-Europameisterschaft 2008 | Österreich & Schweiz | 7. - 29. Juni 2008 | News Europameisterschaft
FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste RegistrierenRegistrieren   ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 
Tallahassee, FL

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    EM-08.info Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Panini Tauschbörse
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
shushu
5 - Stammspieler

BeitragVerfasst am: 29.03.2019, 02:11    Titel: Tallahassee, FL

HOUSTON -- To Houston manager Bo Porter, theres no one playing better in the majors right now than Jose Altuve. The Astros second baseman shied away from agreeing with his skipper. Instead, he kept up his impressive show. Altuve got three more hits and stole two bases Sunday as the Astros defeated the Detroit Tigers 6-4. Altuve finished the three-game series 9 for 14 and leads big leagues with 116 hits. Hes already stolen a career-high 36 bases -- he swiped second in the first inning, and set a franchise record with a steal in six straight games. "Ive seen some players locked in in all my years of playing," Porter said. "But the impact with which Jose Altuve is having on the baseball game, I would have to really sit down and think about or have some numbers put in front of me that would make me think that there is someone whos had more of an impact on a baseball game the way hes having an impact right now." Altuve took the compliment in stride, saying, "Hes my manager, he has to say that." "I have to be ready every game to get on base," he said. "I know the guys that I have behind me, if I get on base, something good is going to happen." Altuve became the third player since 1904 with four straight games with multiple steals, joining Ray Chapman in 1917 and Bill Dahlen in 1904, according information from the Elias Sports Bureau provided by the Astros. "Im going to try to keep getting on base, and if I have a chance to take the next base, I am going to do it," Altuve said. Scott Feldman (4-5) allowed two runs in six innings to earn his first win since May 26. Feldman, who snapped a personal three-game losing streak, has allowed three runs or less in each of his last three starts. "They have a great lineup," Feldman said. "I just tried to make some pitches. Luckily, a lot of the balls they hit hard were hit to centre field, where there is a lot of room out there." Matt Dominguez and Carlos Corporan had three hits apiece and L.J. Hoes and Jon Singleton each had two RBIs for the Astros, who have won three of their last four. Tony Sipp got the last four outs for his first save. Nick Castellanos had two hits for the Tigers, including a two-run triple in the eighth that cut the Astros lead to 5-4. J.D. Martinez also had two hits, and Alex Avila hit a solo home run in the fifth. Tigers star Miguel Cabrera was 0 for 13 in the series, while Victor Martinez went 1 for 12. "Those are the guys we lean on," Detroit manager Brad Ausmus said. "They are going to have struggles. Its going to happen. They scuffled a little bit swinging the bat." The Astros scored three times in the first against Drew Smyly (4-7). Altuve singled, stole second and scored on George Springers double. Two batters later, Jesus Guzman hit an RBI single and scored on Hoes sacrifice fly. "I felt like that was very important," Porter said. "Losing the game the way we lost the game last night (4-3 in the ninth) I thought that our guys did a great job coming out setting the tempo. Ran the bases tremendously and just put a lot of pressure on the other team." After Torii Hunters RBI double cut the lead to 3-1 in the third, Hoes hit an RBI double in the bottom half. Singletons bases-loaded walk in the sixth scored Alex Presley to extend Houstons lead to 5-2, and he upped the lead to 6-4 in the eighth with an RBI single. Smyly, who was ill Saturday and sent back to the team hotel, was pulled after 2 1-3 innings, allowing four runs on eight hits with three strikeouts. The outing was Smylys shortest as a starter this year and the most runs hes allowed since getting tagged for six on May 26 at Oakland. Smyly would not use being ill Saturday as an excuse for the poor outing. "Not a good day," Smyly said. "They came out swinging. I didnt bring it. They did." NOTES: Houston CF Dexter Fowler missed a third straight game with tightness in the back. ... Detroit 2B Ian Kinsler did not start Sunday getting a day off from Ausmus, but he pinch hit in the eighth and struck out to end his seven-game hitting streak. ... Detroit LHP Ian Krol, on the 15-day disabled list since June 21 with left shoulder inflammation, threw a bullpen session Saturday and felt good, Ausmus said. ... Houston Rockets star guard James Harden threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the game. Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Authentic . This time, it was Eric Chavezs turn. Stuck in a rut since coming off the disabled list, Chavez hit the first pitch he saw in the ninth inning for a run-scoring single, sending the Diamondbacks to another walk-off victory, 4-3 over the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night. Danny DeKeyser Jersey . The 22-year-old slugger, who is no stranger to adversity, made up for it at the end. http://www.cheapredwingsjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-tyler-bertuzzi-jersey . -- Rookie Victor Oladipo came off the bench to score 20 points and Glen Davis had 18, leading the Orlando Magic to a 112-98 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night. Chris Chelios Jersey .In a statement released Friday, the Catalan club said the Brazil stars recovery would be monitored to determine when he can begin training again. Gordie Howe Jersey . The Detroit Tigers star had microfracture surgery Friday to repair the medial and lateral meniscus in his left knee. "I dont want to say it was a surprise," team president and general manager Dave Dombrowski said.Tallahassee, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - Montay Brandon scored 12 of his 18 points in the second half to help Florida State edge No. 23 Miami, 55-54, on Sunday. The Seminoles (12-10, 4-5 ACC) trailed by 11 at the break but gradually chipped away at that deficit in the second half before Kiel Turpins jumper with 1:41 to go accounted for the final margin. Sheldon McClellan led the Hurricanes (14-7, 4-4) with 13 points and Davon Reed added 11. Miami scored its last points of the game with 3:46 to go and missed its last three shots. After struggling for much of the first half, Florida States offense got in gear and hit its last three shots before the break to cut Miamis lead to 36-25. The Seminoles carried that momentum into the second half with four straight makes to pull within 38-34. Brandon scored nine straight points for FSU in its 11-4 run to start the half. Tonye Jekiris jumper with nine minutes to play put the Hurricanes back up six, but they would enter a long dry spell the remainder of the game. FSU scored the next six points to tie the game, getting a three-point play from Jarquez Smith on an emphatic dunk. On their next possession, the Seminoles took their first lead since eaarly in the game on Xavier Rathan-Mayes layup.ddddddddddddMcClellan responded with a basket to briefly put the Hurricanes back in front, but they did not score again. Miami had a chance to take the lead with the shot clock turned off, but the game ended with a contested McClellan shot after several indecisive seconds of play from the Hurricanes. The Hurricanes defense was the difference in the first half. After Robbie Berwicks 3 gave the Seminoles a 13-11 lead 7 1/2 minutes into the game, it would take until the 1:53 mark to hit their next shot from the floor. In the interim, FSU committed six turnovers and allowed the Hurricanes to build a 16- point lead. Game Notes Florida State improves to 42-32 in the all-time series and 28-7 at home ... These teams meet again in Miami on Feb. 25 ... The Seminoles are 6-0 against in-state opponents this season ... This is the first time since 2008-09 FSU has beaten both Miami and Florida ... The Hurricanes were 10-1 when leading at the half and 13-1 when shooting above 40 percent ... Miami takes the court again Tuesday against Louisville while Florida State wraps up a three-game homestand Wednesday against Clemson. ' ' '
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    EM-08.info Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Panini Tauschbörse Alle Zeiten sind GMT
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.