Fußball Europameisterschaft 2008 | Foto: Arne Müseler, Illustration: Wikipedia-User Devil_m25
Fußball-Europameisterschaft 2008 | Österreich & Schweiz | 7. - 29. Juni 2008 | News Europameisterschaft
FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste RegistrierenRegistrieren   ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 
first-period deficits. Drew

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    EM-08.info Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Panini Tauschbörse
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
shushu
5 - Stammspieler

BeitragVerfasst am: 22.03.2019, 00:43    Titel: first-period deficits. Drew

PINEHURST, N.C. - With pigtails and plenty of giggles, Lucy Li just wants to have fun like any 11-year-old girl. Except that shes playing the biggest event in womens golf. Li, a sixth-grader from the Bay Area who doesnt appear to be the least bit overwhelmed by the attention around her, became the youngest qualifier in U.S. Womens Open history when she shot 68 at Half Moon Bay last month to win her sectional by seven shots. She celebrated by having dinner at her favourite restaurant and watching "The Amazing Spiderman 2." Now its time for the amazing Lucy Li show. "She looks so darn cute," said Michelle Wie, who didnt make it to her first Womens Open until she was 13. "I was like, I dont think I looked that cute when I was 11. But she just looks so excited, so wide-eyed. ... And Im just really so excited for her to be out. Its a memory that will last her a lifetime. What other 11-year-old can say that they played in the U.S. Open at Pinehurst? And she got to see the men play, too." Life is moving at warp speed for little Lucy Li. She only became serious about golf four years ago when she set up shop in Miami to work with Jim McLean. Just two months ago, the precocious 11-year-old with a mouth full of braces won her age division in the inaugural Drive, Chip and Putt Championship at Augusta National. And now shes at Pinehurst No. 2, ready to take on the course where Martin Kaymer won the U.S. Open on Sunday. "Its awesome, right?" she said. "I mean, Pinehurst and Augusta National in like two months. I mean, thats just amazing. Its mind-blowing for me. Its been awesome, because its been ... I mean, the food is great and its been a lot of fun. Ive made a lot of friends." Theres something about U.S. Womens Open in the North Carolina sandhills that attracts all the kids. Morgan Pressel qualified when she was 12 and had just turned 13 when the Womens Open was down the street at Pine Needles in 2001 (Li wasnt even born then). Lexi Thompson qualified and played at 12 when it returned to Pine Needles in 2007. Too young? Both went on to win major championships. "Look, if youre good enough, youre old enough — or young enough, whichever way you look at it," Laura Davies said. "If you can play the golf and you can qualify, then have a go. Whats the worst that can happen? She shoots a million this week and everyone says, Wasnt it great she was here? So I dont think anything bad can come out of it because shes too young to worry about the pressure. "Shes just having fun. Shes got a week off school. Its perfect." Li looked as if she was having a blast on a broiling day of practice Tuesday. She went nine holes with a local caddie. Then, it was time for a press conference, which drew the largest crowd of the day. Her pigtails in braids, held by clips the shape of hearts, she twirled in her chair waiting for it to start. She giggled before just about every answer, including one about whether her father could beat her. She laughed. She laughed again. And then she moved closer to the microphone and said, "No." But the kid made one thing clear. Shes not out to prove anything. She not out to make history. "The perfect week? I just want to go out there and have fun and play the best I can, and I really dont care about the outcome," Li said. "I want to have fun and learn. I want to learn a lot from these great players." She is not the youngest player in Womens Open history. Beverly Klass was 10 when she played in 1967, before there was qualifying. The youngest player to make the cut was Marlene Hagge, who was 13 in the 1947 Open at Starmount Forest in North Carolina. Among the favourites this week is Lydia Ko, the youngest LPGA Tour winner in history at 15 in the Canadian Womens Open two years ago. Age is becoming irrelevant, though something about the number "11" grabs the attention. "I saw her on the range this morning for the first time and didnt really watch her hit any balls — just how little she was, and the pigtails kind of caught me off guard," Stacy Lewis said. "But Im not a big fan of it. She qualified, so we cant say anything about that. You qualify for an Open, its a great thing. I just like to see kids be successful at every level before they come out here. "When I found out she qualified, I said, Well, where does she go from here? What do you next? I dont know. If it was my kid, I wouldnt let her play in the U.S. Open qualifier at 11. But thats just me." Li played in the U.S. Womens Amateur last year at 10. She was the youngest to qualify for match play at the U.S. Womens Amateur Public Links. The idea to try to qualify for the Womens Open was "mine." "Because I wanted to go out there and get the experience," she said. "Because its 36 holes and I didnt care if I qualified or not. I didnt think about it. I just wanted to go for the experience." Cheap Carlos Zambrano Jersey . The Blue Jays lost to the New York Yankees 3-1 Tuesday night, their seventh defeat in 10 games. Rasmus was put on the 15-day DL on May 15 because of a sore right hamstring. Hes hitting .222 with nine home runs and 19 RBIs. Cheap Ron Santo Jersey . Hes recovered from a scary injury and cleared to play. Mingo, who was hospitalized with a bruised lung he sustained in an Aug. http://www.cheapcubsjerseysshop.com/ . The eighth-year point guard played in his 500th career game on Sunday, a 98-93 win over the Orlando Magic. Does he feel like hes played in that many games? "No," he said initially, before reconsidering. Cheap Cubs Jerseys Authentic . Five straight losses (and six in the past seven) now dot the schedule – matching their longest skid of the year – after they fell again in New Jersey on Sunday night, topped 3-2 by Cory Schneider and the Devils. Cheap Cubs Jerseys . -- Jay Haas and Peter Jacobsen took the second-round lead Saturday in the Champions Tours Legends of Golf, teaming for a 6-under 48 in windy conditions on the par-3 Top of the Rock course.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Florida Panthers captain Ed Jovanovski finally has something to show for all the pain he went through in overcoming a string of injuries that kept him sidelined for much of the past two years. Playing only his ninth game of the season since recovering from hip surgery, the veteran defenceman scored the go-ahead goal and added an assist in sparking a 4-3 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday night. The goal came in Jovanovskis 1,100th career game and was his first since April 5, 2012. So forgive him if he had difficulty recalling the last time he scored. "Oh, has it been that long?" the 37-year-old said. "Im getting a little up there. But I think for me, having the opportunity to be in the dressing room and going out there and doing something that I love, thats a privilege." He even got a fortunate bounce in putting the Panthers ahead 3-2 with 1:04 left in the first period. Jovanovskis shot from the top of the left circle deflected in off the stick of Sabres defenceman Mike Weber. With Jovanovski providing the offence, another member of the Panthers old guard did his part to ensure the lead stood up. Veteran goalie Tim Thomas stopped 32 shots, including 15 in the final period to improve to 7-3-2 in his past 12. "Yeah, it was a little bit of chaos there for a while," the 39-year-old Thomas said. "But it must have been entertaining for the fans. And I can laugh at it because we came out on top." The Panthers (20-23-7) improved to 4-2-1 in their past seven, and secured wins on consecutive nights. Florida was coming off a 5-1 win at Pittsburgh that snapped the Penguins franchise-record home winning streak at 13. Sean Bergenheim, Jesse Winchester and Nick Bjugstad also scored for Florida, which improved to 4-0-1 in its past five trips to Buffalo. Tom Gilbert set up two goals in helping the Panthers overcome a pair of one-goal first-period deficits. Drew Stafford scored twice and Steve Ott also scored for the Sabres (13-28-7), who dropped to 0-2-2 in their past four. Otts goal 8:36 into the third period cut the Panthers lead to 4-3, but the Sabres failed to capitalize on three power-play chances over the final 7:13. That included a 4-minute power-pllay after Panthers forward Brad Boyes was issued a double-minor penalty for high-sticking Sabres defenceman Henrik Tallinder.dddddddddddd "Obviously, it wasnt good enough tonight," Sabres coach Ted Nolan said. "We had a great opportunity for almost a minute and a half. We just didnt get shots through." Ryan Miller had a bit of an off night as well in finishing with 18 saves. Though the first three goals he allowed all came on deflected shots, he gave up a soft one in allowing Bjugstad to put the Panthers up 4-2 with 3:48 left in the second period. Driving up the left wing, Bjugstad snapped a shot that beat Miller high on the short side. "It wasnt one of my better games," said Miller, who had allowed eight goals in his past four (2-0-2). "Ive got to get myself into a little better spot where Im in better position." Thomas, by comparison, was solid. He was particularly sharp on back-to-back chances the Sabres had early in the third period to preserve a 4-2 Panthers lead. First, Thomas got his glove out to get a piece of Staffords shot from the left circle on a 2-on-1 break 90 seconds into the frame. Some 40 seconds later, Thomas got his glove up to foil Cody Hodgson, who was in alone, to preserve the two-goal edge. Thomas had no chance on either of the three goals he allowed. Both of Staffords goals came from the slot. And Ott scored during a scramble in front and after Thomas stopped Staffords attempt to jam the puck in at the right post. Panthers rookie centre Aleksander Barkov did not return after sustaining a lower-body injury late in the first period. Without going into detail, coach Peter Horachek said Barkov was kept out as a precaution and likely could have returned. Horachek didnt expect the injury to be long term. NOTES: Sabres D Tallinder returned after missing eight games with an upper-body injury. ... Both teams entered the night having identical 9-9-7 records this season in games decided by one goal. ... Staffords opening goal came on the man advantage, ending the Panthers streak of 29 consecutive power-plays without a goal. The streak is tied for fifth on the team list, and seven short of matching the record set Feb. 16-29, 2004, according to STATS. ' ' '
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    EM-08.info Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Panini Tauschbörse Alle Zeiten sind GMT
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.